Friday, November 03, 2006

Shoot all the Lawyers

Corporate headshots are part and parcel of the life of most photographers. They are required for corporate profiles, internal newsletters, annual reports, websites and press releases. I was recently asked to set up a portable studio in the city offices of a major law firm and photograph each member of the law team.

The difficult thing often about a task such as this is that no matter how accomplished a person may be, few of us enjoy having our pictures taken. This includes lawyers. It even includes photographers! Trust me. I know! However, the photographer's task is to make each person as comfortable as possible, but not take too much of their time.

When Mark Twain said "Shoot all the Lawyers" I am sure he meant something far more sinister than taking their pictures. Me? I enjoy the process!

No comments:

The Life, Times and Images of photographer, Shelton Muller

Images on this blog are copyright Shelton Muller