Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Loy Yang


The life of a photographer is a diverse and interesting experience. One day you can be covering some gala event, the next in the highs of the Canadian Rockies and the next in a coal pit in Gippsland. But you can never complain that the job is boring and routine!


A long term client of mine, Rockwell Automation, asked me to come to Loy Yang Power Station near Traralgon, Victoria, to photograph how their technology enables the conveyer belts to transport tonnes of coal to the power station each hour. The technology is above me, and is of little interest to me really, but photographing the monster machines in a 100 metre deep coal pit was more interesting. These machines are huge! I returned home hours later, covered in coal dust, tired and sweaty, but it was an interesting day...although once, I think, is enough....

No comments:

The Life, Times and Images of photographer, Shelton Muller

Images on this blog are copyright Shelton Muller