Thursday, March 08, 2007

Jasmine and Vince





One reason I enjoy wedding photography is the opportunity it provides me to experience and learn from other cultures. Vince and Jasmine's wedding was just that opportunity. I have been to Vietnam twice and I enjoyed it very much. The photography in that land is wonderful. But this is the first time I have been to a Vietnamese wedding.

Vince and Jasmine's wedding took place over two separate days. The first day I covered the ceremonies, in which offerings were made to ancestors, families were officially welcomed and introduced to each other and all wore traditional Vietnamese ceremonial attire. The second day was more like the weddings I am used to covering here in Australia. Jasmine wore a white dress and we went into the Dandenong hills to do some photography before heading for the reception.

It was great fun, and I enjoyed it very much, even though they worked me like a soldier! ;-)

No comments:

The Life, Times and Images of photographer, Shelton Muller

Images on this blog are copyright Shelton Muller