Monday, February 25, 2008

When Your Little Sister is the Boss



Like her elder sister before her, my little sister, Natasha, (left) has recently become a qualified Make Up Artist. She is very good, so let me know if you need an MUA for any events, ok? To initiate her folio and have some material ready for an upcoming Expo, she called on her big brother to shoot some of her friends. I was happy to oblige. I have shot some of her friends before - in the nicest possible way of course!

So, on Saturday morning, it was up early to drive the one and a quarter hour distance to her home where the marathon shoot was to take place. We started at around ten, and finished at around ten. But it was a fun twelve hours! I used various combinations of studio lighting and the fabulous natural light that Natasha's place has plenty of. I was able to create different kinds of images in short spaces of time and with minimal need to change location or lighting. It was a great lesson for me and gave Tash the chance to see how her make-up photographed. It was a confidence boost for her and a whole bunch of opportunities to learn some new lighting techniques for me.

I am sure there will be more shoots like this one, but I know that I won't be the only photographer who sees the benefits of her art. She is a very talented woman and I am very proud.

Love your work Tash! Love you.

No comments:

The Life, Times and Images of photographer, Shelton Muller

Images on this blog are copyright Shelton Muller