Monday, March 23, 2009

Creative Flash Photography Workshop

Well, another Saturday, another workshop. But don't think for one moment that I am tired of doing them. No way Jose! I absolutely love running a photography workshop of any kind. It gives me the opportunity to combine two passions simultaneously - my love for photography and my desire to teach. 
Saturday's workshop at Abbottsford Convent was the Creative Flash Photography workshop. Because of the sheer logistics of the off camera flash element, it can be the most difficult workshop that I run. However, it all went very smoothly, and the assistance of friend and fellow Five Minute Photographer colleague, Berk McGowan, everybody was well catered for. Thanks for your help Berk! 
I don't get alot of opportunities to shoot at my workshops so the image of our model, Soph above was one of the few I managed. It was taken from a part of the day during which I was teaching the art of 'invisible flash', in other words, using the flash to gently supplement the ambient light rather than obviously overtake it. This was something that nearly all in the group had asked about during our morning introductions.
Thanks to all for attending and for Croydon Camera House for once again being such wonderful sponsors.

No comments:

The Life, Times and Images of photographer, Shelton Muller

Images on this blog are copyright Shelton Muller